For example, for years I thought the words to Aerosmith's "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" was "do the naked lady". Yeah. I know. Sad. In my defense, I was not an Aerosmith fan and never actually SAW the name of the song or one would think I might have known the correct lyrics.And then there is one other song for which I have screwed up the lyrics so badly, I have no idea what they really are. And because of that, for longest time I could not even tell you the name of the song. It's a song that they play at sporting events. And it bothers me to no end that I cannot hear the right words or even figure out what the song is.
Recently I heard Eldest playing it at one of her high school basketball games and asked her what it is called. She referred to it as "The Hey Song". I looked it up and it's actually Gary Glitter's "Rock-n-Roll, Pt.2". You remember it. This one?
Do you know what I hear in that song? I hear "Dr. Ruth, Dr. RUUUUTH."
Yes. Yes. I'll wait. Call the ambulance and the guys in the little white coats.
Are there any songs that you have hilariously misunderstood?
That's Steven Tyler's house.
10 comments:
He's so hot. And sparkly.
Are there actual LYRICS to that song?
Oh my gosh! I didn't even realize there were lyrics to that song! All this time I just thought it was the horns making that part of the song!
You are too funny with the Dr. Ruth!
I've gotten lyrics wrong, but the funniest thing to me was a college friend of ours used to think "rock the casbah" by the Clash was saying "f*ck the cash bar."
We made sure to have an open bar at our wedding, just for him!
Somehow our second daughter thought "Start me up" by the Stones was a tribute to Fabio, as in Fabio, Fabio! Poor kid will never live that down. Now everytime she makes fun of someone having a blond moment, we just say, "Fabio, Fabio." You 2 could start a band.
the whitecoats are coming, the whitecoats are coming!!!!!
I'll hide you if you hide me!!
Oh so many. Going all the way back to the first grade, "Land where my fathers died, Land where the Pilgrims cried," because their fathers died.
I thought I was always hearing the lyrics to Billy Jean wrong, but I just looked it up and turns out that I understood them after all. It's just Michael Jackson who's confused.
When I was in 7th grade my mom was pretty horrified by some of the songs on purple rain that did not make the radio. I never understood any of the lyrics, just liked the music, but I was intrigued after she freaked out about it, because it took a lot to shock my mom!
There's an Alanis Morrisette song where she sounds like she's saying the name of a friend of one of my brothers. "Doug Comfort!"
Unfortunately, I have imbibed a bit too much wine tonight to give you more details! (D'oh!)
I prefer to purposely miss-hear songs I don't like. And most children's songs.
My mom for the longest time believed that Bon Jovi sang, "You Give Love a Band-Aid," instead of "You Give Love a Bad Name"...
Post a Comment