Today I want to share the source of funny.
One evening Car-man made a comment suggesting that something would happen that was out of the realm of possibility. I responded with something like, "You should stop listening to the whispering of the unicorns that apparently live in your universe." He looked a bit surprised but rolled with it and responded with some quip that defended his unicorns and assured me he liked living in a universe where unicorns spoke to him and brought him special treats. (If you know Car-man, you know that this is out of character for him. I assure you, he has NEVER had an imaginary friend or believed in anything like a unicorn or fairy or magic.)
The next morning, Car-man woke up before me. I stretched out across the whole bed and got comfortable. I fell back asleep. I believe there may have been parts of me that were . . . um . . . well, to put it bluntly, exposed.
The next thing I knew I woke up and Car-man was back in bed. And I heard him mumble, "THANK you, unicorns."
I could not help but burst out laughing.

It's a unicorn house.
13 comments:
Aww. He was funny. I love it when they're funny.
The wife wears tee shirts and long pants to bed, the unicorns will have to work harder here.
Ha! You've still got it- even when you are sleeping! That's impressive :)
That was absolutely perfect! Good for you two and the Unicorns.
made me smile, thanks.
That's awesome. My husband can be pretty damn funny when he wants to be. He has a couple of lines that crack me up no matter how many times I have heard them.
My husband's comedy routine is kind of a work in progress. I might have to suggest he add unicorns to his repertoire!
Welcome to the Magic Kingdom!
When I was pregnant with Chloe, Peter woke up one morning, looked at me, looked up at the ceiling and said in his most earnest voice, "Thank you, Titty Fairy..."
That is the funniest thing I have read in a long time! Does it scare you that I can totally picture the whole thing? ;)
Thank you.
Unicorns hardly ever visit Home, Inc. in the a.m.
I'm thinking of getting a Shetland Pony.
And a box of Sugar Cones, some white paint, and some Epoxy.
That's cute. I like that! He's sounds adorable.
i love it when Tightwad and I laugh that wonderful laugh that comes from the heart.
It's magical.
and the sex ain't bad, either.......
Let me just say that when you believe in unicorns, anything's possible. :)
Post a Comment