Early this evening, long about supper time, a storm rolled in, pouring down water on our already drenched and overgrown lawn; pushing the edges of our lazy creek to frothing, white swirls. The cat and the girls alike were drawn to the windows to watch the downpour.
I saw the sister eye-lock. One said, "Do you want to?" The other nodded. They turned to me and said, "Can we go play in the rain?"
And play they did.
Chasing around the house. Rivulets running past their grins as wet ponytails stuck to the back of their necks. Laughing. Shouting. Neighborhood friends joining in. Ducking around trees and drowned flowerbeds, kicking up waves of creek water at each other.
Eventually spilling into the house, dripping and happy and winded. Snarfing down pizza and settling into the couches for movie night.
As I write this, they are having a sister (and Sara--a dear old trusted friend of Eldest; Sara, the anti-drama) slumber party.
I'll sleep well tonight.

14 comments:
Beautiful.
Thank goodness for simple blessings.
It's gonna be ok. Thanks for the picture of lightness and childhood fun. Seems everyone got a blessing today. Sleep well
That brought tears to my eyes. I'm so happy to hear there are still those moments.
Hope you had sweet dreams.
Wow is all I have to say as I have no words to express the relief I feel for you just now.
I hope that you did get to enjoy a restful nights sleep. Maybe your rainbow will stay a little longer.
I love this.
Thanks for stopping by my place...and I'm so glad I stopped by yours tonight to read this sign of hope!
And then sometimes the storm bursts but it rain and rainbows.
I miss those days and my sister! Wonderful!!!
Would you email me if you get the chance...I have some thoughts about some of your previous posts but I'm reluctant to do that in your comments section.
sometimes......life IS damn good.
As concise as I can be: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Perfect, absolutely perfect!
Oh you had a good moment. I'm so glad.
Post a Comment