Thursday, May 14, 2009

i used to be funny...(humor me and let me think i was)

A couple of quick thoughts:
  • Never undervalue waterproof mascara. There are times in life you need it every. single. day.
  • The other day I thought the roots of my hair suddenly seemed darker and more streaked with gray than usual. Then, because I am talking to Self a lot these days, I said, "Self, you don't need that kind of abuse. You have others in your life who are in charge of all abuse. Be kind. You're just making that up and taking it out on yourself." So yesterday I went to take care of the roots. My Ty-guy--who knows the whole ugly story--said, "Wow. The stress is getting to you. Your hair is darker and has more gray." Damn.
  • I spent last night at Eldest's band concert. She had to play in the concert in order to pass band (her only flippin A, so I took her to the concert). Can I just say that 10 p.m. is too late for a school concert to end? Buh-jezzus that thing was long.
  • Eldest was a total sweetie pie the whole evening. Shoot me.
  • I'm planning on starting a trend of wearing dark purple eye-shadow UNDER the eyes, instead of the lids. I'm way ahead of this trend and won't even need any product to carry off the look.
  • Six+ hours of sleep two nights in a row can do a great deal of good for one's outlook on life.

That's it for humor from the aftermath. Funny is sparse and kind of dark over here.

10 comments:

MsPicketToYou said...

Funny is as funny does. And frankly, the eyeshadow under the eye -- excellent idea!

The Mr. said...

I echo Ms P - wish I thought of that idea first!

And you are still funny. Buh-jezzus is a new favorite.

DKC said...

Oops! That was me! Damn hubby was signed in...

Susan said...

I think we should all do the eyeshadow thing in solidarity. I'll start.

mathgeek said...

Can we tell Ty-guy that it's okay to lie sometimes?

Monica said...

I have to agree with Mathgeek, Ty-guy should lie, tell you how fab you look considering what you are going through.

That kind of lie is NOT a bad thing.

Buh-jezzus, good one.

Seriously said...

I like to say sleep is overrated - but that is a lie. Sleep is required for sanity and the ability to deal.

And I think the eyeshadow idea is fabulouso. It is like the sign you can carry that says, "Don't mess with me, tired, stressed, bad day."

Perhaps it is not a good thing to be so close to hour hair-do dude. Although I really want an appt with him.

I think I am done now. Probably not.

For Myself said...

I ummm... put dark purple eyeshadow under my eyes AND I dye my roots a dark brownish greyish color. I also pad my jeans with extra large ass-shaped pillows.

Ha! Glad to see you finding your funny again!

Bijoux said...

YES>>>>>>what is with these freakin' long band and choir concerts?

Heather said...

Hey, I rock the purple eyes too. I think ii should be a badge of honor.