I have decided no one over 60 should be on Facebook. Or maybe just no one with an over-blown sense of propriety should be on Facebook.
I received this Facebook message from Mom today:
When I noticed you had put your children's names on your 'INFO' page, I decided to do the same. However, since Dad isn't a Facebooker (and I'm sure never will be), your page and your brother's make it look as if you only have one parent. If you erase my name as your parent, I wonder if I can still keep your name as my child. Hmmmm.
Yup. You read that right.
She's concerned that the world will think I only have one parent because my father isn't on Facebook.
So here, I need to tell the world something.
HEY WORLD...
I have two parents.
My mother is not a floozy.
My father did not drop out of my life.
My parents are not divorced.
Gee. I hope the world feels better now because I bet that little Facebook misunderstanding probably was setting everything off kilter.
I think I need a drink.
15 comments:
I'm with your Dad, I'm Facebook free! I've logged on to my Wife's account and I fail to see the allure. After you catch up with the six people you actually cared about in high school, then what?
You're a good person. I would have put "still looking for biological father" as my status.
Does she think you are going to take her off her list?
Your moms sound as off as mine, I feel your pain!
no one with an over-blown sense of propriety should be on Facebook
I refuse to friend my mother-in-law, father-in-law, most of my husband's cousins and every last one of his aunts for this very reason.
Oh, I know this pain. My mother Stalkbooks me! We once had a terse conversation because I referred to the extended family as dysfunctional.
Good times.
That is hilarious! I'm so happy neither of my parents are computer savvy.
On the other end of the spectrum, I have to watch what I say to a potty-mouth friend of mine because MY daughter stalks me!
Yeah. Ummm...
Does your mom KNOW my mom? Are they, by any chance, the SAME mom?
Seriously. Gah!
I just removed the "Laggin's a bastard" tag from your Facebook picture.
This post totally makes me NOT miss facebook one bit!
i'm not on facebook just to avoid those kind of probs with my daughter! she has told me it would be creepy if i tried to friend her. i'm pretty sure she would not friend me. i like the illusion that she likes me, lol!
I think that Caroline should have kept that tag up, because while your mom is not a floozie, that doesn't guarantee you're not a bastard.
My grandparents were sure that I was a bastard because my parents changed their last name (in the 70's) when they got married.
Yep, that's how I got Rain as my name. (but for clarity, while it was short lived, my parents were married ;)
If Facebook didn't exist, I'd be a far more productive individual.
thank you. I needed that.
There about a thousand ways that I love this.
My sisters and I were just talking about my grandmother, long gone. She was always hot on new technology, or anything new really, and we decided, if she were alive, not only would she Facebook, she would twitter and blog too. As long as it didn't cost a lot of money.
I miss her. Be grateful.
If my mother joined Facebook, I'd set myself on fire. It's bad enough that all of my husband's relatives have found me there and a sister I haven't spoken to in years just requested to be my "friend." Geesh. My blog has also been found and I find I'm censoring myself which is stupid because my blog name is "Amy (Uncensored)".
Digging the blog and looking forward to reading backwards. (I know that's wrong, but it's late and I'm exhausted. Don't judge me.)
Post a Comment