Thursday, July 2, 2009

things that make you go...hmmm?

Is it only me who finds the similarities between the words "meconium" and "encomium" amusing?

me⋅co⋅ni⋅um [mi-koh-nee-uhm]
–noun
1. the first fecal excretion of a newborn child, composed chiefly of bile, mucus, and epithelial cells.
2. fecal mass released at pupation by the larvae of some insects.
3. the milky sap of the unripe seed pods of the opium poppy; crude opium.
en·co·mi·um [en-koh-mee-uhm] n. pl. en·co·mi·ums or en·co·mi·a (-m-) 1. Warm, glowing praise.2. A formal expression of praise; a tribute.

17 comments:

Monica said...

Where is your head today?

You just pull those words out of the air or what?

Or are you playing a word game?

For Myself said...

Hmmm.

It worked.

Bijoux said...

It's all beginning to make sense now!

Jasper Mockingbard said...

Just think, the Led Zepplin tribute album could have been call "Meconium" if someone had not been careful.

tonkelu said...

Yes.

Tiny Dancer said...

You make me smile!

DKC said...

That is amusing. I also never knew meconium meant crude opium!

Susan said...

I have nothing but enconium for you. You're sick in a way that makes me love you dearly.

Zip n Tizzy said...

Hmmm indeed.
I'm lost for words, but apparently you aren't ;)

LiteralDan said...

I didn't need to read the definition to recoil from my screen in disgust. Something about that... stuff... is just so gross. Made me wish I hadn't gone to birthing class at all.

MsPicketToYou said...

again:

YOU. CAN. DO. THIS.

Susan said...

I need opium seeds

For Myself said...

you okay out there? Drop us a line some day. We tend to be a worrying bunch.
Xoxo

Heather said...

Nope, not just you. Funny shit. (Get it)

tera said...

Um...

Vodka Mom said...

np. it's not only you.

Irish Gumbo said...

That's funny. And? I like you. A lot.