Younger turned 15 last Sunday.
On Friday, a fat boy gave her jewelry but was apparently too nervous to ask her out. Since she thinks he stole the jewelry, that is a good thing. On Friday night, at the football game, the whole high school (to hear her tell it) asked her if she was going out with Fat Boy. She was humiliated.
On Saturday, she got her first French mani/pedi, had an updo (Fat Boy texted her during the hair appointment, upsetting her to no end) ... all for her first Homecoming dance. She went with a group of girls. No boys! Yay!!! And...as I feared...she was damn gorgeous. I've always known she would be but was happy for her to hide behind that jockette exterior.
Younger is on the left...that's her BFFAA--RaeRae--on the right. (They are clothed...it just doesn't look like it because of the strapless dresses.)
But, because I am doomed to live in teen hell, today, a very cute, likely rich, blond boy declared his "like" for her. Oh dear. I really hoped to hold off on this with her for awhile. At least I'll have something to blog about. :) (For those of you from the local area, he's a Lake Q boy.)
Pray for me. He's precisely her type and if he busts up her heart...ugh. I've just got to rely on the fact that she's pretty sensible.

14 comments:
She is gorgeous! I'd worry for HIS heart, frankly.
She is absolutely gorgeous! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Then I'll be thankful that, for the time being, I've got boys and those boys couldn't give a rip about girls yet!
Soooo glad my daughter is grown, married, a mother and way beyond the dating stage in her life. There will be heartaches ahead for your daughter, we all have them and live through them.
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal
Oh dear Laggin. She's too gorgeous. Hide her in a convent someplace. You can mail her to Atlanta and we'll lock her up in my garage.
Oh goody, Miss L is only 18 months old and I'm already getting panic-y over this topic.
Is he the reason she suddenly decided to declare her relationship status on FB?
And...Fat Boy? This seems mean.
Beautiful photo; she is knock out. And GOOD LUCK!
Hey! We fatties need love too!! She's stunning!!
Ok, now I'm feeling bad about the "fat" comment as I'm nothing svelte, at all.
This boy runs with a questionable crowd. He's not a shy, large boy; he's made in more the large bully form. I should know better than to call him Fat Boy. Sorry.
Oh my God. I love reading this. It is so delightfully normal and, well, lovely. Thank you. And everyone's right. You do make great looking babies/teenagers.
buckle up. It's gonna be a bumpy ride.
(WHy do they have to be so damn gorgeous? WHY????)
She looks gorgeous! Should I tell my boy he has competition?
She looks a lot like you, though I have not seen dad. Very pretty young lady which of course = lots of boys in your future!
Good luck with that, but hey you already have experience with eldest so this should be a piece of cake. No?
You are in serious trouble. SERIOUS.
She is so beautiful! Remember, I count on you for all the good teenage tips, contracts, etc. But I think C...O might be right - maybe Younger should go live in her garage for a few years...
Post a Comment