Saturday, January 2, 2010

buzzed blogging

Monday is Mom's 70th birthday. Bro and his New squeeze (who I like) and my family surprised her with a dinner party out.

We drank two of those mongo bottles of cheap Chianti at Macaroni Grill (good lawd, Dad, I KNOW you have better eats in this here town) and I don't know how many beers.

Younger brought the Wii and Rock Band, so after dinner we acted like idiots and played away. Mom kept suggesting bridge...not seriously, but maybe a bit wistfully.
But how many 70 year olds have a rock band of unparalleled geekdom perform for them?

Please don't just read these drunken ramblings. Go read my decent last post.

7 comments:

Zip n Tizzy said...

Hope her year is rockin'!

Carolyn...Online said...

I love your 70 year old mom putting up with the rock band.

Heather said...

I love drunken posts or booze inspired writing.

Bijoux said...

I actually also found myself at a Macaroni Grill over the holidays. I had a glass of that cheap Chianti for the first time. I thought it was 'just ok' but the more I drank, the more I liked!

Susan said...

Buzzed blogging can sometimes be some of the best. You're proof.

justmakingourway said...

Clearly, your Mom rocks! (Har-Har).

Yay for buzzed blogging!

Irish Gumbo said...

Rock on, Dizzy Gi-Leslie. :)