I've regaled you before with tales of the funny that is Younger. But she about did me in this week. Sometimes me-no-likely this high school stuff.
The chickadees and I went out for a late dinner one night this week. I worked late and when I got home I discovered they'd been too lazy to feed themselves. After dinner, we were driving home and Younger said, "When I get home, I think I'll practice."
I glanced over at her with my mind running through the list of options for "practice". Volleyball? Pole-vaulting? No, she's already been at that practice today. . . . OH! The thing she should practice more!
I said, "Cello?"
She looked at me with her smart-mouthed smirk and said--dripping with sarcasm indicating I was a complete idiot for not immediately knowing it would be Cello practice, "No, mother. Masturbation."
I about drove off the road.
That's a house with a trashy mouth.

14 comments:
I'm sorry, but that is hilarious! She is quite the kiddo.
It would be funny...if it were someone else's kid.
She's flippin hysterical!! Please tell me you heard cello music when you got home...
I like your kids. =)
Um, WOW.
And, since it's now my kid, entirely awesome.
So much to look forward to...
Yes, Susan, thank you...I DID hear cello music. And I heard it again at 10:45 p.m. last night, when I got giggly laying in bed thinking...at least it's CELLO she's practicing.
Well, with a boy who plays the violin, at least you don't have a mess later.
oh sweet jesus is SASSY LIVING WITH YOU??????
You know when they start off a statement by calling you "Mother" you have just gone beyond the rolled eyes and frayed their very last "omg, she's so uncool" nerve. Which means you should stay tuned for some Grade A teenage humor.
Ack! Heather! I have two boys who have yet to hit that stage. Now I'm queasy.
Laggin, it is funny, face it! You can laugh with/at me when Pinky gets there.
I love that girl.
That's hilarious! I think that kid and my oldest would get along famously!
Oh, snap! (snort)
Post a Comment