Thursday, April 15, 2010

my little orch dork

I have been blown away by the quality of the strings program in Younger's high school.  This concert was last Monday...the PRE-competition concert.  They received all 1's at state yesterday and head off to a national competition in a major U.S. city this evening.

Sorry to be a braggy mommy but WOW!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW is right!! How could you NOT brag about this? What great strings. It takes dedication to learn to play like this.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Russ said...

Good for Younger!

Susan said...

Holy Cats!! They're astounding and you SHOULD be a braggy mommy. I'm really glad that wasn't a masturbation concert.

Carolyn...Online said...

Good for them! That's awesome. I wish my computer wasn't a video nazi and would let me watch the performance...

justmakingourway said...

Holy Moly, laggin! That is amazing! Not one thing wrong with being braggy about that. Can I brag about it, too?

terin said...

Girl is awesome!

for a different kind of girl said...

I'd brag, too! That is awesome!

Monica said...

How could you not brag! I love the strings and could listen to this music all day. Me eldest played the violin while in high echool even made first chair then her senior year quit!

Say congrats to younger!

Dread Pirate Davi said...

WOW.

And that's all my blown-away mind can conjure.

Dread Pirate Davi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

Hey, guess which Susan that was earlier!

(I totally forgot what I was going to say.)

Tiny Dancer said...

Congrats to you and younger! So wonderful her school has a good music program, what a treat!

Irish Gumbo said...

Bravo!

It's not braggin' if its the truth.