Tuesday, May 11, 2010

i do not understand this

I was bored and so Facebook stalking.  I clicked on the link to one of my cousin's kid's pages and was literally floored by the picture of him.
He is 17.  S E V E N T E E N.  Barely 17.

What the hell?  In what universe is that picture appropriate for a CHILD?

I am not close with my cousin.  Perhaps you can understand why.  (Yes, she is his Facebook friend so presumably knows this is his profile picture.)

Oh, and for a little juxtaposition, here is his favorite quote...also supplied by Facebook:  "Come along, follow me.  I'm going to change the world.  - Jesus"

I'm pretty darn sure Jesus had no intention of changing the world with an automatic weapon.

In case you cannot tell, this is NOT an NRA-house.

15 comments:

tonkelu said...

Holy shit.

Maybe he should change his FB quote to, "Who would Jesus kill?"

I'd like to know where the hell he is because, unless he's touring an army munitions plant, that's just stupid and negligent on his parents' part.

Dibs said...

Yikes.

Nice blackshirts shirt thrown into this tableau. I so completely don't understand this. Or this deep fascination more and more people seem to have with guns.

This just seems to be wrong times a million to me.

Bijoux said...

Photos like that freak me out. I even frown upon paint balling!

for a different kind of girl said...

That is completely creepy and that quote mixed with that photo can be taken in contexts that are so potentially scary that I shudder to even think about it. I know when you hear about kids who go off some deep ends, their parents *think* they knew them, but didn't really. I'd hope like hell that if this was my kid and I had the ability to check up on him and his Facebook page, I'd have problems with this.

Anonymous said...

I left Facebook a week or so ago. No intentions of going back. People are just weird there... including some of my relatives!

Di

Terin said...

Oh... Um... My... That is sooooo wrong.

justmakingourway said...

Yowza. That is quite frightening.

mathgeek said...

Ugh. Ugh. Ugh again. At least you know whom to avoid at family reunions. But you probably already knew that.

Carolyn...Online said...

That is just so wrong. But the Jesus quote combined with the very large gun? Fantastic.

Tiny Dancer said...

I hope you post again real soon cuz I hate seeing this. Yikes!

I don't like guns. I even have a tough time with some of my relatives' owning guns and they have reasons (my BIL, the police chief, his son the soldier). But I'm pretty sure they would have trouble with this photo too.

Monica said...

That is a VERY scary picture.

I personally have no problem with rifles if used for hunting, But really what does an almost 17 year old need with THAT kind of weapon?

Dread Pirate Davi said...

The photo, combined with the quote, makes me think of the "milita" folks that were recently rounded up for plotting terrorism. Probably very extreme, but this is a crazy world we live in. =(

Vodka Mom said...

oh Good Lord.


that is ALL I could say.

Trout Towers said...

I posted this and thought "this'll throw her." Guess which of your Susans is behind this post: http://www.mamapop.com/2010/08/sarah-ruhl-vibrator.html

xxoxo

Irish Gumbo said...

Yikes. just, Yikes.