Sunday, October 31, 2010

swinging

Yea.  You and your dirty mind.  That's NOT the swinging I'm talking about. I'm talking about mood swings.

It's a swinging house.  Eldest has swung back to the happy side.  We're doing ok.  But excuse me, I'm a little bit dizzy from this whirling and twirling about.  I have a bit of whiplash as this was a pretty quick swing.  But it's ... okay.  And "okay" is...well...it's ok.  (I'm good with the words today.  Call me Miss Vocabulary.)

I think that receiving some ruby red shoes in the mail might have helped get us back to Kansas.  Or something that looks like Kansas.

Confused?  Swings...shoes.  I know; it's confusing.  That's ok.  I understand.  Last week I wrote about Oz; if you read that, you'll get it.  I mentioned--hypothetically mentioned--that someone should send me a pair of ruby red slippers, so I could find my way back to Kansas.  Well guess what?  Someone did.  REALLY.  Today I opened a box in the mail and it was ruby red slippers.  SERIOUSLY!  They came from my bloggy buddy, over at Olive Hue Designs!

They are cool red and pointy toed.  These are from some sort of styling-Dorothy.  I love them.

Tera also sent a really sweet note.  Non-bloggers don't get what it is we do out here on the intertubes but you really can meet amazingly sweet people (who just happen to be super talented artists) who become true friends in this virtual world of ours.  Thank you, Tera.  I kinda sorta got all teary when I opened the box.  It meant a lot.

Okay...um...back to that "okay" thing.  Why aren't we "good"?  Why isn't Eldest being happy, and spinning around the room, and jumping like a rabbit through the house and grabbing me a giving me a huge hug and saying--REPEATEDLY--"I love my mommy SO much!", not a good thing?  I'll give you a gold star if you can guess.  Because maybe it's a little bit too....um....I can't say it.  So I'll just whisper it and then it won't be true.  Okay.  Listen carefully because it'll be really quiet.  One...two...three...here we go...

manic


Maybe.  Maybe not.  But it's still ok.  Because at least it's not hate.  And it looks like Kansas.  Which at least feels like home.

8 comments:

Dread Pirate Davi said...

A tune just stumbled through my mind...

"Come fly with me, let's fly, just fly awaaaaay..."

It's a Vegas-y tune that suddenly seemed appropriate. Let's fly away!

Bijoux said...

So, your family dressed up in Wizard of Oz costumes this year?

Monica said...

I would love the "manic" happy. Though I could understand your hesitation. Here we would be waiting on pins and needles for the flip.

Wouldn't be AMAZING if we could just fly away...............even for a little spell?

Terin said...

I am thinking about you and sending supportive hugs. And hoping the good lasts for a long while.

And the shoes are awesome!

tera said...

Well, y'know...they were just hanging out around here, so I thought I'd let 'em go where they might help a little. :)

Tiny Dancer said...

Everyone should have a pair of ruby slippers to visually remind them that we all lose our way sometimes, but we also have the way back home inside us.

I also get the swing concerns.

Zip n Tizzy said...

Hugs to you Laggin.

I've been catching up and it does sound like progress has been in place, but the swings... scary for all of you.

Hang in there!

Irish Gumbo said...

You have some really cool buddies.

And I get the hesitation about the manic, too. I understand more of that than I ever wanted to know.