I wish I could write with dripping satire like this article from Rolling Stone.
Gawd, I love that article. I think this sentence might be one of the best I've ever read: "Meanwhile, a slick grownup yuppie politician with a GI Joe beard and a breeder wife and eight kids, leeching off the state at every turn and gunning for a U.S. Senate salary and pension on an anti-welfare platform, he’s just a hardworking citizen who simply needed a lift during a “transitional” period."
It's hits EXACTLY how I feel about this whole tea-bag-thing. Not to mention my in-laws who kinda, sort love themselves some farm subsidies ... all the while trash-talking Democrats and welfare. Um...dear sweet pot? I'd like to introduce you to the kettle.
Can I share with you my very favoritest thing about the Tea Bag Party? Can I? Can I? Yeah, well, I don't care if I have your permission or not. Do you know what "teabagging" is? Tee hee. (DO NOT Google it at work, folks.)
P.S. Yeah. Yeah. I know they do not call themselve the tea-bag party; but I'm immature like that.
P.P.S. Just put this up as my Facebook status and it fits here too: Dear MRS. Palin, To you he is PRESIDENT Obama, not mister. Show some freaking respect.

7 comments:
House Conservative here. Where you as considerate to W when he was in office? Not saying you weren't, but certainly plenty of your comrades were not and nary a peep from you. Just' sayin'.
Point being, he earned the office and respect is due, regardless of affiliation.
I will say that I am looking forward to Pres. O being hamstrung for the balance of his term. (singular)
Russ, I referred to President as "Bush" or "President Bush" (and occasionally, "Shrub"). I do my best not to be a hypocrite. Unfortunately, I do not have the power to stop all hypocrisy *coughjoemillercoughcough* I really don't remember Democratic speaking heads referring to President Bush as "mister". Although I'm not saying they didn't; I'm just saying I didn't notice it.
It is my opinion that in official speeches--even critical speeches--due respect is appropriate. The word "appropriate" is so often lost in today's electoral landscape and I'm SICK of it.
Oh the talking heads almost exclusively referred to him has, "Mister Bush".
I happen to agree with your opinion. Respect is appropriate and deserved.
Side note, if I vote early, can I stop all the political ads from appearing on my TV? If not, my DVR just paid for itself.
If the Republicans (tea-bag or otherwise) win the Congress, at least they will be required to DO something about the state of the economy or take the blame they've been doling out. I hate how it is all fault of the Dems when the last administration surely had something to do with it.
I agree the office of Pres should be respected. I called him Pres Bush and sometimes Dubya. I also made comments that our president did not appear to be super smart. Oh well, I think the leader of the free world should be brighter than I am! Mrs Palin will never get my vote.
getting down from my soapbox.
Oh. Thanks for the work warning, that could have been awkward. No political commentary tonight, too tired...you know I respect and most often share your views. Keep writing!
I consider myself an 'Independent Thinker.' Translation: THEY ARE ALL LOSERS!
(snort)(giggle)
And how 'bout that tea, from Baltimore? I know somebody from near there :)
Post a Comment