Monday, May 23, 2011

choices

Sing along with me....ch, ch, ch, choices... Oh wait. That's not how Bowie sang it.

The other day an old friend...someone who has known me since middle school...said, "L, I totally see you marrying another lawyer and living the Country Club life."

I was stunned. Stunned silent.

Stunned stupid.

Just plain stunned...

Really?

I was surprised that this is the way I am seen. Eh...to be truthful, I not "surprised" ...maybe disgusted? But mostly, I knew immediately that this is not what I want. I DO NOT want to marry another lawyer. Yuck. The prima donnas drive me nuts and the corporate guys are too...well...Wasband.

As for "the Country Club life"...no thanks. Recently, I was at a business associate's home. It is a beautiful 100 year-old home in a swanky neighborhood. It was gorgeous. It is the definition of the Country Club life. I admired it but I have no interest.

And this made me realize there is a hidden plus in this situation. I get to pick again. I get to figure out what I want.

Now, if I can just manage to listen to my own logic.

7 comments:

Bijoux said...

Plumbers are useful and they must be rich. Mine charges $100/hour.

Girl Tornado said...

LOL re: the plumbers... I am sure you will choose wisely. I'm with you on the country club life - it's never, ever been a desire of mine. I'm too real for that - well, except, my blog. It's probably too sunshiney and nice most of the time, not as real as it could be. Ha! :-0

Girl Tornado said...

Stay safe later today.... I'm hoping no one gets whomped with another monster tornado, certainly not us!

Leslie said...

Hey nothing wrong with a plumber...just as long as he's a thinking and reading type of plumber! Those are necessary attributes.

Captain Dumbass said...

A thinking and reading plumber, splendid idea.

*wraps pink sweater over his white polo and raises Tom Collins for a refill*

Leslie said...

Oh Captain...that was classic! (Additional proof of saying no to that life... I dislike Tom Collins.)

Irish Gumbo said...

I have some ideas...