Pissing in the wind.

Engaging in the futile.
Tilting at windmills.
Keeping up a pointless activity, recognizing that it's getting you nowhere.
Refusing to face facts.
If you urinate into a stiff wind, all you're going to get is wet.
I need to remember this.
(After writing this, I remember that as a girl-child, I always wanted to point out to Dad that we females probably could piss in the wind and not get wet. However, some instinct of self-preservation kept me quiet. And regardless of actual pissing methods, the lesson applies.)
3 comments:
Especially if that wind is of the swirly variety...just like wind shear on a runway, you never know which way its going, and no one wants to get caught in the blowback :)
My Da used that phrase a lot, too.
Coming back to the base drunk while in Qatar, I had no patience for the lengthy security measures awaiting me and went to piss behind a dumpster. I got wet. Somewhere in the desert, a pair of urine-soaked socks are buried in the sand.
That was probably more than you need to know. And I forgot where I was going with that.
But if you piss with the wind, you can get some impressive distance!
Post a Comment