I have written before of my daily reading of Thomas Merton. This morning, once again, something he wrote speaks to me. He talked about the fact that all the sights seen and experiences had at the Abbey were influenced by the mood he was in when he first arrived there on his journey to become a monk.
How true.
I was thinking about that concept as it touches upon my new home. When I moved here I felt freed...almost un-imprisoned. This place is imbued with hope (and not just my dog, Hope) and peace. When I am here, that is exactly how I feel.
Peaceful, free and hopeful.
And perhaps that is exactly why I am finding happy again.
9 comments:
Your dog has the sweetest face. :) Looks kinda human, huh? My dog thinks she's human for sure.
Glad you're feeling good about things.
Peaceful, free and hopeful is a grand state to be in.
Almost like shedding a shell, and stretching out and into a new one.
Yay!!!
Well, I feel free, peaceful and joyful just reading this. Glad you found a place that you are comfortable.
Finding happy is always good. I'm glad you are "getting there"!
Cute dog...;)
"Finding Happy" sounds like it should be a movie, no? (Except someone would probably change it to "Finding Happy Ending" and make it a porn movie. *snicker*)
So happy for you! And glad you are posting on a regular basis again!
i understand totally! i feel/felt the same way when i moved...out and on!
at first it felt kinda scary, during the process, but now bliss!
"Freedom lies in being bold." I think Keats said it.
Post a Comment