Soccer, soccer the wonderful sport,
the more they play,
your life's cut short . . . .
Never mind . . . I can't make the rest work. But I'm tired of being a soccer mom. Probably in more ways than one, but the one that's tiring me out right now is the real, actual soccer-mom-kind. The kind where I spend AT LEAST two hours of every weekend from mid-March to the first week of June and from mid-August until the last weekend of October, on the soccer field. The time when we drive Younger to three to four hours of practice a week. By the way, did you know that it is ALWAYS 10 degrees hotter or colder on a soccer field? And that's always in the bad way--if there is a chill in the air, it's FREEZING on the soccer field; if it's slightly warmish, you will sweat like a pig on the soccer field.
And the truth is? I didn't think she even really liked it that much anymore. It seemed like just another opportunity to be social. And what 13-year-old girl didn't take the opportunity to be MORE social? Even if it costs us our sanity and like a gazillion dollars a season? Hubby and I were secretly hoping this was the year . . . the year she'd quit. I mean it is her 18th friggin-fraggin season. But NooooOOOOooooo. This year? She has to decide that it's time she really TRIES. She's running harder, working out more and challenging for a starting spot.

Repeat after me: ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! If she continues with it for 10 more seasons it may literally kill me.
Today you get a soccer house! (I cannot believe I found this picture!)
2 comments:
Really?? A soccer house?? I'm bored at work, so I thought I'd get caught up on your blog which I stumbled upon a couple of weeks ago. Your anecdotes concerning your teenagers fascinate me. I'm not yet 23, so I can still remember my teen years, and much of what you write is oh-so familiar. And yet, I know I'm getting older, because the teenagers I come across these days perplex me!! This does not bode well for the parenting years to come...
GOOOOOOAAAALLLLLLLL!
Jogo bonito! Oh, my dear, but it is the beautiful game!
Futebol! Fussball! Voetbal! Wake up and smell the footie!
Heh. Yeah, I like soccer.
Post a Comment