Ring . . . . ring . . . . ring . . .
Eldest: Hi mommy, how are you?
(Err. If she's using "mommy" this can't be good. That's her suck-up term.)
Mommy: Fine. I'm in a meeting now. Whatcha' need?
Eldest: Well, (sounding flustered) we need to work out the Boyfrondo stuff.
Mommy: What "stuff"?
Eldest: Can he stay for dinner tonight?
(Yeah, right. Like I'm going to argue this point while I've got a young associate sitting in my office staring at me.)
Mommy: Ok. Sure.
Eldest: *all bouncy and happy Thanks, mommy. I love you!
So I guess it was an ok answer, huh?
4 comments:
Ruh, roh... stuff? work out stuff? that sounds ominous...
Bet $1 it has to do with his 11:11 wish!
Sorry, if I'm right, you're not ready to deal with this (even though you've laid the foundation)...hope I'm wrong.
"Stuff" was just having him over for dinner. Car-man is losing patience with Boyfrondo's never-ending presence, so Eldest was "using" me. I did carry-out Chinese and let him eat with us. He left by 7:30, no big deal.
But yeah, we've been talking about other "stuff" recently too. Sigh. The 11:11 wish was a bit much, wasn't it?
LOL, only because it is not my kid. I caught that one right away... had 12000 comments run through my head and decided it was best to keep my mouth shut.
And now they have gotten very quiet...
Post a Comment