Now that you know me and love me . . . or at least keep returning to read this blog for some unknown reason . . . I have an admission to make.I love Nebraska football.
Phew.
I feel so much better having said that. I felt like it was hanging out there. . . in between us . . . unsaid.
And today? Today is the opening game of Nebraska's resurgence. I hope. A girl can wish, right?
Yes, yes. We have season tickets. We drive 3.25 hours, each way, for all the games. Yes. We are crazy.
I love that stupid game. I love that stadium. I love those fans. Hell, I even
love that silly marching band and their ugly-flag girls. (I don't mean the girls are ugly, I mean they always pick the most hideous flags. Ever.) I love tunnel walk. (Please ignore Bill Callahan in that video. I haven't forgiven him.) And I love the fact that carved above the main entrance of our stadium is the phrase, "Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football." (Just FYI, that's totally about me.) I even love the cheesy statutes outside the stadium. I love going and gazing upon the Heisman trophies.
love that silly marching band and their ugly-flag girls. (I don't mean the girls are ugly, I mean they always pick the most hideous flags. Ever.) I love tunnel walk. (Please ignore Bill Callahan in that video. I haven't forgiven him.) And I love the fact that carved above the main entrance of our stadium is the phrase, "Through these gates pass the greatest fans in college football." (Just FYI, that's totally about me.) I even love the cheesy statutes outside the stadium. I love going and gazing upon the Heisman trophies.And I love sitting in our seats, so high up we are literally close to God, but somehow underneath Larry-the-Cable-Guy (his box being right above us). There is something wrong with being close to God but beneath Larry. But if I think about that too hard, I'll get all upset and I don't want anything to kill my Husker buzz.
(That's the view from our seats.)While I'm sitting way up there in the sky this evening, I will utter a silent prayer to God..."Please. Just let them be decent this year."
Yeah. I'm that kind of fan. I love them.
Hope you'll forgive this quirk and come on back and visit me again. I promise not to rave too much.
This is the home of my Huskers:

7 comments:
I share your football sentiment. But mine is for Clemson.
I sooooo cannot relate, but love that you are so excited about it. And, that is a beautiful pic of the stadium. My hubbie and I are going to take our 7-year-old to his first football game this year. Who knows? I may come down with the fever too. I may dress in the school colors and paint my face just for the full effect.
YOU GO GIRL. I LOVE Penn State Football. We go to all the games, and, frankly, I'm just there for the food. (and drink) We did miss today, I am crazy busy at school, but will be at every home game until the cows come home.
Gotta Love college football!
We use to have season tickets to KSU and, on the occasions when we hosted Nebraska, their fans were total assholes and it's left a bad taste in my mouth about Big Red ever since.
BUT! I do get loving college football. It makes me happy and I can't wait for the kids to be old enough for us to have season tickets again. College football in a college town is one of the best ways to spend a Saturday. I don't know how you Children of the Corn celebrate but I hope you have a ball doing it!
I lived in Nebraska once. Omaha. I don't remember much but you know, go cornies. Or huskers. Or whatever!
I'm a sad Clemson fan watching them get killed in the first half by Alabama.
GO BIG RED!
Beyond the obvious I want them to do well, so the games will be broadcast again. I miss me my Husker football.
BTW, that last shot? The wallpaper on my computer.
Rowan...MINE TOO! Maybe yours is better quality than mine. Can you e-mail me your copy of that picture?
Post a Comment