So Car-man, my republican husband (it's lower-case, because he's not very upper-case about politics), asked me a question while I was brushing my teeth the other day: "Do do you think Obama will be a good President?"
My heart kind of stopped. I drooled a little more than normal during that particular activity.
His question fed right into my fear. The Fear of my life.
What if I'm wrong?
Wrong is my bane.
It is my dry ice. Being wrong...the potential of wrongness...can freeze me, instantly.
If you know me RL, this fact may surprise you. I do sure well.
Truth? Right now, with where we are as a country, I wish for Hillary because I wish for Bill. But I don't have that option.
I will vote for Obama.
But what if I am wrong? What if it all goes wronger and worser and terriblest?
Well, then I will remember that I live in Kansas. And here, in the land of Oz, a democrat's vote doesn't count.
But really? I just want what happens to be right. I want it to be better. I have hope. But what if I am wrong?
14 comments:
Don't you dare! I am trusting you on this. But no pressure. :)
This is why I never tell anyone who I end up voting for! A little mystery is good in life.
Wrong is so scary. But I'm believing with all of my heart (for whatever the hell THAT's worth) that voting the other way, the McCain way, is wronger than the possibility of your wrong will ever be. Go with it.
Rowan, my fear is not what if McCain is better than Obama. I am convinced that McCain isn't right. My fear is that Obama won't be able to make things better.
Right? Wrong?
It's really all relative to Ones perspective.
What really matters is Hope. Hope that the steady diet of Forked Tounge Rhetoric that we are fed will Nourish our lives and the lives of our Childen. Not poison our Livers. I can do that on my Own.
Personally, I wouldn't trust either One of those Slick Slimy Bastards with my shoes. Not that they'd want my shoes. Just sayin'.
Unfortunately none of the six candidates are good, just varying degree of bad. It will be a hold your nose and vote kind of year.
That's right, I went six deep, and they are are bad. I think only three are on the NC ballot (according to the early voter ballot I have). Baldwin, Nader, and McKinny are all omitted.
As things have gone the way they've gone lately I wouldn't want to be president. I'm not sure anyone can do a good job in this environment.
Here's the deal: we vote for Obama, we have a chance. We vote for McCain, we get more of the same plus fear mognering, hatred, resetting gender equality of the 1970's with a bit of racism tossed into them mix. It'll bring new meaning to the phrase "White House."
And, yes, I think Obama will make an excellent president and I believe he will work his ass off to make things better.
I don't know that there is ever anyone who is elected to that job who will be "the one" who saves us or changes everything so dramatically that we wonder how we lived for so long without him or her in place. I know who I am voting for, and I'm very comfortable in my choice, but my hope really lies in the thought that, no matter who I chose, I hold onto the hope things can change.
That's a chance we take every day. BUT, we are damn lucky we have that chance. right?
The comments to this post are some of the most well-thought opinions I have heard in a while. Maybe Fox News can fire everyone and just read this Blog on the air...
In case you missed it...Missouri has turned from Red to Grey...
Right, wrong...one thing is clear - what we're doing doesn't work and cannot work. There isn't enough money in the world to fund the NEXT bailout.
I seem to recall that Mr. Clinton inherited a pretty big turd sandwich and left the country in damn fine shape eight years later.
Let's rise up and tell the angry mob that their particular brand of fear and hate isn't welcome anymore.
been feeling the same.exact.thing.
also, the republican in my house is finally home after three weeks or so just in time to have a flame throwing fight during the debate. good times.
I'm late to this so I am going to say I agree with everyone. We've been going through hard times - they aren't going to get any easier. But McCain would make sure they don't get easier.
*sigh* I kind of just want it all to be over so I can stop stressing about it.
OK, I hear what you are saying. My Republican (big R) parents have been shrieking that the world with implode if Obama is elected.
However...
President Palin. My actuary husband did the math and, should they win, it is a possibility. Need I say more?
Post a Comment