Ever have those days when an argument with your child ruins your entire day? When their life and their worries consume you?
It makes me sad.
And I can't concentrate.
And there is SO MUCH I need to get done.
But my mind keeps going back to worry about her. And this funk she is caught up in. And wondering why I had to let her goad me into an argument.
And then the other one is stomping around the house because she's having a bad hair day. And I'm thinking, well, at least you're not thinking about hurting yourself (because that's how bad it is with the other one). So I'm having trouble digging up sympathy for bad hair (even though I know that a 14-year-old girl having bad hair is one of the worst things that can possibly happen....it's way worse than, say, a global depression).
Ugh.
11 comments:
oh UGH!
>>HUGS<<
What is it with girls and hair this week?
Sorry about your cruddy day...
Oh yuck. I'm so sorry! Sounds very stressful and worry inducing.
Hope she comes out the other side of it soon.
Oh Man, Laggin. Arguments in the morning suck eggs.
As a teacher though, I can tell you that she is most likely carrying on JUST FINE at school with her friends. I often get frantic phone calls from moms like you who are terrified their children were crushed by their shitty fight in the morning. I'll do a quick scan of the classroom and find the kid laughing with a buddy. It happens all the time.
Oh man. It sounds like all of the girls in your house are having a bad day. I hope all three of you feel better tomorrow.
I'm happy to report that I'm currently having a good hair day.
That could change tomorrow though.
Hugs to you, Laggin!
Teenagers are so tough to deal with. I know I was. i just didn't get it, and I didn't get it that I didn't get it.
I hope things get better soon.
I was hoping that Eldest was having a good day but she texted me over lunch asking if I had reached her therapist to make an appointment yet. So I'm afraid...not so much.
Oh... I'm sorry for her and I'm sorry for you. But, kudos to you for all that you do for her.
Depression has been the demon I've fought since long before college. I started therapy in college, to the great annoyance of my parents. My mother thought I wanted somewhere to complain about her, and my father told me to "cope." It wasn't that they didn't want to help me, they just didn't (don't) understand.
It's hard to be sad without cause, and it's hard to watch someone you love be sad. Here's a hug from the land of the snow and wind (and one for Eldest, too). Maybe it'll help?
I hope the steps you're taking for your daughter is just the help she needs. Wishing you good things.
Stay on her. Stay on her, stay on her, stay on her. I did something very stupid when I was her age. I had similar problems, but lucky for me I woke up one day and saw that the sun was still shining. But until she sees the sun again, stay on her. You'll both get through this, I promise.
Post a Comment