Tuesday, January 20, 2009

a dream partially fulfilled

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Regardless of your political affiliation, isn't it beautiful to see this day?

As Eldest said this morning, with true belief in her voice, "Now the floodgates will open. There will be all kinds of women and people of color who will be President." Let's hope that dream is also fulfilled.

7 comments:

Bijoux said...

I can't imagine why anyone would actually want to be president, but thank God there are people willing to be under that kind of pressure and scrutiny.

I'd settle for my grass being as green as in that photo.

for a different kind of girl said...

I second Cocotte on the thought that thank God there are people who dream of achieving this office and living out the legacy they leave.

The sun is out today here, and it feels like a perfect day to have that shine. I don't expect miracles, but I'll look forward to change.

Russ said...

Yes and no. I'm happy that we were able to elect a black person, just not big on him.

I just would like the media to be as critical of him as they were of Pres. Bush. I'm not holding my breath.

Having said that, Pres. Obama has inherited several crummy situations. I hope he can get things going in the right direction.

DKC said...

It does feel like a new beginning with new possibilities. I second FADKOG - miracles? No. But lets hope a new direction, a better direction.

Anonymous said...

calm down people. let's not get carried away here. we're still a good 200 years away from the threat of a woman president.








(please, before you attack, note that I am kidding/teasing and in no way mean what I just typed)

Leslie said...

Falstaff, I hope one of your daughters accientally hits you in the nuts tonight.

Oh wait. I didn't really mean what I just typed.

Anonymous said...

was the mistake the part about it being an accident?