Saturday, February 14, 2009

v-day?

Since today is the big Sweetheart Dance at Eldest's high school, I'm pretty much shuffling her from mani/pedi, to finding the right earrings, to getting her hair done, to driving them to dinner, to taking pictures, to driving them to the dance, to picking them up from the dance, to taking them to Waffle House after...happy romantic day to me, right?


Ah, well. Who cares? I've been married forever anyway.


Hysterically, this is what Eldest's hair looks like right now:



Bad! Right? We'll comb it out and style it later in the day so the curls don't fall. But in the meantime I keeping singing "On the Good Ship, Lollipop" to her. She's not really appreciating my sense of humor. She did think it was pretty funny when we told her she was wearing an Irish clogger's wig.


Anyhow, I thought I would leave you on this wonderfully romantic day *gag* with a picture of what I have come to call "The Window of Wrongness." There is this tacky flower shop on the first floor of my law firm's building in downtown. It has a display window that they always fill with fake flowers. Yup, you read that right...a florist who displays FAKE flowers in its window. The shop's current Valentine's Day display is perhaps the worst I've ever seen:
It's a bad pic, I know. I took it on my phone while rushing home last night. And, yes, yes that IS a Valentine's Day Christmas tree.



And finally, if you haven't already seen Davi's blog about Valentine's Day, it's brilliant. Go read!


It's a Valentine's house:

9 comments:

Dread Pirate Davi said...

Ha ha, the link takes you to a post from May '08!!

Leslie said...

Fixed.

Jen W said...

Oh the irony of a florist with fake flowers. That is just classic.

DKC said...

I hope Eldest had a good time!

The Valentine Christmas tree is my favorite...

For Myself said...

The tree cemented it for me. This day should be illegal. Could you please work on that for me, lawyer?

Anonymous said...

Well...on last Friday's Daily Show, they did declare an Emergency Christmas as a fix to the US economy, perhaps the florist was playing along...

Vodka Mom said...

do they even APPRECIATE what we do for them??

do they???

Zip n Tizzy said...

Did you survive? At least you get good blog fodder out of it.
Love the tree. How economical of them.

LiteralDan said...

Shows what I know-- I thought he hair looked cool in the first picture. Maybe I just need to see the whole thing from a distance.