If you ever want to feel like you've made the absolute right decision and, at the same time, question every parenting decision you've ever made, then check your kid into a psychiatric hospital.

I KNOW we made the right decision. I KNOW this isn't my "fault". I still feel like shit.
23 comments:
Oh honey. I'm sure it had to be wrenching, and I have great faith in your ability to make the right decision for your child.
Hugs, prayers and all the rest heading your family's way.
Oh, Laggin! I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I echo Dibs. I know I don't "know" you in the real world, but what you have shown us here has convinced me that you are truly a quality parent.
Stay as strong as you can. Remember that it's okay to cry too. Sending love to all.
And you feel shittier each day she is there. (Again, I know it from experience). She is in the best place right now; you're probably a mess.
I'm saying my prayers for you and your family. You are going to need all the sleep, food, and love you can pull from anyone around you right now.
Oh sweetie. I feel for you. And I refuse to believe this won't work out harmoniously, tho it probably feels far from that now. I don't think there's anything more wonderful and more terrible than being a mom. Hang in there (like you've got any choice). You've got a lot of support out here.
Just sent a text...
She will get through this.
*hugs*
Virtual hugs and real prayers headed your way...
What they said, plus an extra hug.
Oh my god. I'm so sorry. And the mental health system does suck balls. Big time. Hold her hand. Keep doing what you're doing. Hang on.
I can only imagine that it was an incredibly hard thing for you to do, and even then, I'm sure what I'm imagining is nowhere near what it was actually like. However, please allow me to echo some of what's already been said - you are a good parent, and you've done the best thing possible at this point in time for your child. All things are harder before they get easier. Prayers for you, your daughter and the medical team working directly with her, the rest of your family.
Being a parent is the absolute hardest job anyone can ever have.
I know exactly where you are.
Just know that you are doing the absolute best you can and you have done that and the rest will be hard. But just know years from now when she gets past this and gets better she will come to thank you for your strength during her time of need.
From what I see(read) you have a very strong support group and that will help you get though this.
My prayers are with you and yours.
There are maybe five people in the world that know this, but if you can't pull out childhood issues for this...
I talked about suicide and got my first visit to a shrink when I was 7. I had all kind of anxiety problems, some requiring treatment, some under the radar throughout my teens. I developed a substance-abuse problem in my late teens...AND I had a family that was crazier than I.
I. Survived. And. Am. Happy. Now.
Read that part again. I had lots of issues and no support, but now have a great relationship with a wonderful women, two kids I adore, a great job, and am happy with my life.
Love her, call her on her shit, and believe that happiness can be in her future too.
Thinking about you.
Happy thoughts happy thoughts happy thoughts happy thoughts.
=(
In the end, it all works out. Pinky promise.
I don't think anything I or anyone else says can make this easier. But you know your child - and no matter how shitty you feel, keep reminding yourself that you did it because you love her... no matter what she says or thinks. You did this because you want her to get better, you want her to be safe.
The best decision my mother ever made as a parent was to agree to sign me into a rehab/treatment facility for my addiction and mental health issues. I couldn't see it then, but I know it now.
Sending you virtual hugs and keeping your family in my prayers.
you can do this. so can she.
the foundation of your house? solid as a rock and no tsunami or tornado can shake that core.
keep the faith!
You did the right thing. You and your family will get through this. Keep the faith.
1. If she lets it, it will help. The constant intensity will help her settle things.
2. I wish that I had someone like you that would have recognized my problems earlier and have done what you did.
You are a good mommy! and I <3 you very much!
Doing the right thing sometimes feels like riding a bicycle with a missing seat.
Sure you'll get There. But it sucks a huge load of donkey Balls.
Lady, you've got Mad Mommy Skills.
I applaud you.
You are not a bad parent. You, even more concisely, are not a bad mom. Nor are you an inept human being unable of controlling another human being. Because, quite frankly, you can't. You, my friend, have done the right, the correct, the most difficult thing. This isn't a pat on the back, but an arm around your shoulders. Be good, be strong. And forgive yourself.
You followed your intuition even though it was the harder path to take. You know damn well you did what you did because it was the best course for her. As hard as this is, it sucks less than inaction would have sucked, because you would have had to look at yourself in the mirror knowing you weren't doing enough.
I know of what I speak. She needed you. There you were. She needs you now. There you are.
I'd give up a whole lot to be able to give you a big warm hug.
i wrote about you, as it had me thinking about why we share the way we do. and also, because I wanted to do something.
Because your sharing this with us?
Puhleeze. I owe you.
Hi, you may not know me but I followed Ms. Picket to you. You are a good mom and you did the right thing.
I am still fighting my teenage demons. The worst one was realizing that when I was killing myself for help, the only person who did anything was a kind teacher at school.
You were there. It will mean everything later.
I used to be the Intake Director at a psych hospital. The best parents were always the ones willing to make a strong, brave decision on behalf of their child. Hang in there!
(speechless, arms open)
Post a Comment