Monday, June 8, 2009

great house numero uno

My mom just sent me a news article from my hometown. It contains a picture of the house I grew up in. The first "great house". I was so excited to this, it shall be my new icon.

The front door was red when I was a kid (me no likey the yellow) and the lawn was just plain old grass. The woman who lives there now (she and I went to high school together) is a master gardener...thus, the newspaper story.

12 comments:

LiteralDan said...

That's a beautiful house, landscaping aside. Yellow's not so great, for sure!

Bijoux said...

I've always loved, loved, loved the Tudor style houses. I live in a plain old two-story colonial.

Andrea said...

Wow - that's beautiful. I would prefer the red door!

DKC said...

What a beautiful house! I loved the house I grew up in, we always said if it went on sale again one of us would try to buy it. Of course when it finally did, none of us could afford it.

I agree on the red door thing. Those are some beautiful gardens though!

Tiny Dancer said...

It's a beautiful house -- just photoshop in a red door and it will be the way it should be! There is something wonderful about the houses we grew up in -- even 60's ranches can be cool if childhood is remembered fondly.

Heather said...

It is a really nice house. I can see that she (the owner) keeps up on the gardening. Which seems like a lot of work.

Monica said...

Nice looking house! I totally agree with the red door. Would give it a bit of pizzaz!

I am not a flower person so lawn and trees are my thing.

Zip n Tizzy said...

What a beautiful house!
I think she should repaint the red door.
(Clearly I'm not alone, but it was the first thoughts that came to my mind.)

Jasper Mockingbard said...

The yellow door is hideous! At least the door isn't green. Then you'd have to wonder what's happening behind it.

Susan said...

I love Tudor homes! I played under a willow tree in front of one as a child and have liked them ever since.

mathgeek said...

Ahh, good times. Loved that basement.

Irish Gumbo said...

I like that house. I've always a deep blue door, myself.