I am completely distracted from everything ... again.
Yesterday I received word that one of my dearest friends is now losing HIS battle.
I will write about Dave when it will not cause me to sob uncontrollably. That is not today. But five years and 20-some days after they discovered the monster growing on his brain, they are stopping treatment and moving him to hospice services.
I spent part of yesterday afternoon at the hospital with Dave, his wonderful wife and one of their daughters (the one who was our nanny a few summers ago). We laughed and chatted and tried to be normal.
But today, I am so very, very sad.
14 comments:
Oh, hun...so sorry that so many in your life are experiencing such loss.
If I could, I'd send some miracles to you. I'm so sorry for all you are going through.
Damn! I'm very sorry too. I'd bring over a bottle of wine to share if I lived in your neck of the woods.
Saying "I'm sorry" just doesn't seem to be enough.
I wish there were something we could say, or do, to make your life suck just a little less right now. It just seems like you're dealing with WAY too much for one person lately.
Will keep Dave and his family (and yours of course) in my prayers.
Why does it seem that when sh(# comes it does not just hit the fan it burries it?
My heart is with you and yours.
"Perhaps they are not stars, but openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones can shine down on us and let us know they are happy."
my thoughts are with you, Laggin! <3
hugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugshugs
=(
I have no words. What can words do for you at this time??
HUGS.
Fuck.
That's it! I am commanding the Forces of this Foul and Beautiful world to send some friggin' Joy your way.
I command it.
And as you may or may not know.....I control that sort of thing.
6-8 weeks for Delivery.
As usual.
Losing a friend, knowing you are losing them, is so awful. I know that crying-all-the-time-feeling.
I'm so sorry. I wish I could wrap you in a warm cocoon of love and light and no troubles. Go hug someone you love and let them hug you back!
I have heard that cIII is quite capable of these things and will make everything better. Heaps of love in the meantime.
Do you feel the arms around you? They are mine.
Now get up, and wash your face and find some happy.
Too. Much. Loss.
I'm so sorry, just grateful for you both that you have the opportunity to spend time with him.
So sorry to hear about Dave. My prayers are with all involved. It's been a rough year. RW
(hug) x infinity
Post a Comment