For example, we have decided to send Younger to the public high school rather than St. Pricey. She's excited. They are the "Cougars". So this is making me wonder...should I buy one of these t-shirts? Is it funny or tacky?


In case you can't read it (it was difficult shooting a cladestine photo of this lady's chest), it says, "Cougar Mom". Seriously? Yeah. Seriously.
And my "favorite" florist *snort* has been providing me the following visual attack every morning>>>>
And my "favorite" florist *snort* has been providing me the following visual attack every morning>>>>Rub-a-dub-dub, three bears in a ... flower pot? Are they bathing? Or potty training?
And the florist is also offering this little gem in the world's tackiest window...the window of wrongness:
*Do you see that the Satan snake featured at Easter still hasn't sold. Gee. I wonder why?
*Isn't the little pink bear-buggy just too adorable for words?
Car-man sent me flowers in a pick-up truck. Nice, eh?
No. No, I haven't served him with divorce papers. Why do you ask?
The note with the flowers says, "Thanks for the truck. Love, Car-man." You see, tomorrow is our 20th anniversary. In celebration of that rather remarkable grindstone ... err ... milestone (just kidding, hun), I bought him something he's been lusting after since the first days of our marriage.
No. I did not buy him a prostitute...get your mind out of the gutter. I bought him a Big Ass Red Truck...now known as BART. It's a Ford F-150 for those who care. I never want to drive that thing! But he loves it and that is all that matters.
No. No, I haven't served him with divorce papers. Why do you ask?
The note with the flowers says, "Thanks for the truck. Love, Car-man." You see, tomorrow is our 20th anniversary. In celebration of that rather remarkable grindstone ... err ... milestone (just kidding, hun), I bought him something he's been lusting after since the first days of our marriage.
No. I did not buy him a prostitute...get your mind out of the gutter. I bought him a Big Ass Red Truck...now known as BART. It's a Ford F-150 for those who care. I never want to drive that thing! But he loves it and that is all that matters.
Here is my Car-man loving his new ride:

Thanks for 20 wonderful years, Car-Man.
(And in case you are wondering, I'm pretty sure the tacky-truck flowers won't be my only Anniversary present. At least they BETTER not be?!)


20 comments:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Good job on both decades!
And those florist window photos are priceless - thanks for the laugh.
Can I borrow your truck?
Yeah, somehow "a small blue truck is a woman's best friend," doesn't have the quitesame ring to it does it?
Happy Anniversary!
Oh my goodness -- has it really been 20 years? The pig and I went on one of our very last dates to your wedding. It was a lovely wedding -- no problem there! :-) Just brings back memories...
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!
Happy Anniversary. Now you have definatly earned your day at the spa!
MD is a truck lover also. On my birthday 4 years ago we bought him the F-150 lariet series. That is still his baby. Which by the way he had lifted 4 inches. Like the silly thing was not tall already.
Boys and their toys, eh?
Again have a happy anniversary.
Happy Anniversary. I kinda like the truck flower arrangement. Way better than anything the tacky florist has in their window! And while I would never (unless my kids' lives depended on it) drive any big ass car or truck, I rather like Car-man's. I have a serious thing for red vehicles!
Ooooh, maybe he'll get you the t-shirt for your anniversary!
And thank you for revisiting the flower shop. I've missed it.
I tried to take some clandestine shots in Chicago, all blurry. Damn camera.
Glad you got your groove back.
NY 10? Maybe?
Oh, you definitely need a Cougar Mom t-shirt. I don't know which would provide more comic relief...a hot mom (like you) or one who hasn't aged so well (like me) wearing it.
First - Happy annivesary!! What a great gift you gave your man! Did he get your flowers at the Flower Shop That Hasn't Learned It Should Feature Flowers In Their Window?
Second - Hell, yes, get one of those shirts. Or get me one. Heh!
Most certainly get the shirt! (And, pick one up for me too.) I have to be a damn Coyote Mom. That has no class.
Happy Anniversary! A bright spot, no?! And, your car-man bothered to order flowers from an actual florist instead of the grocery store. He's a keeper, by golly.
I'm ever so glad you're wearing a smile and passing one along to me too.
I think the shirt is a must. Also, I really hope my husband doesn't chance across this post because he has been wanting a truck like that FOREVER and I know he would bring it up at every opportunity.
Thirdly - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! Congratulations on your 20 years!
You have to promise to never tell my husband that you got yours a vehicle for an anniversary! It may not be a BART, but he'll want one for every year!
NICE gift. Promise me you'll use the blue truck for a salad bowl once the flowers wilt.
I hate to say it, but, those bears belong in that truck (flowers). At least it would make sense. Bears seem like the truck type.
I'm picturing Car Man camping out in the back of BART. Little campstove. Canteen. Sleeping bag...
Happy Anniversary!!!!!! (Better late than never, I always say...)
Happy anniversary! What a wonderful milestone.
You'd better get that shirt! You must be a supporter, you know. By the way, I'd like to be a supporter too, see if you can get me one. Awesome.
Very interesting post
Thanks to share your special event with all of us
Cougar-mom.
(snort)
Hard to make that stuff up :)
Post a Comment