Thursday, October 15, 2009

i'll show you the 80's...you (*&^%^#@&!


Here is Eldest looking all 80's.  But dangit, I didn't get a picture of the hawt leg warmers!  I was going for "Flashdance" meets Madonna in "Desperately Seeking Susan". 

I never really dressed this way becuase I don't have the skinny thighs necessary to pull off the leggings. But, as a dancer, I thought I rocked the leg warmers.

As I was doing her hair she kept squealing, "HOW much hairspray are you going to use?"  I think she was unhappy with the response, "Well, I don't have any Aquanet--hair cement of the 80's--so it's going to take a lot.  It's a rainy day."  She also kept saying, "Not TOO big!"  I did go pretty darn big, but damn Mother Nature, the rain had it falling.  Gosh, it's been a long time since I've used the phrase, "My hair fell."  How stupid were we?

11 comments:

justmakingourway said...

She looks wicked awesome! And totally tubular! Remember saying that?

Your right though - the hair should have been higher.

Bijoux said...

The outfit is very Desperately Seeking Susan......but the hair? PUMP UP THE VOLUME!

for a different kind of girl said...

Ha! Not too big. There's no way she would have survived back in the good old days!

Dread Pirate Davi said...

I believe this occasion called for a bad perm. *sigh* =D

Leslie said...

Precisely Davi...how can one possibly get adequate volume with improperly cut bangs and NO perm.

Heather said...

Yep perm was necessary. You also forgot NOT to curl the back, making that weird hair that doesn't know what it is.

But other than that rad.

Dibs said...

OK, I'm waiting for a photo of you with your very large hair :) (Just as long as it doesn't include me with my very large hair.)

Russ said...

Pretty good, but she just doesn't have the mall hair right.

Was she expressing her distaste by saying, "Gag me with a spoon."?

Tiny Dancer said...

I think Eldest captures the 80's Flashdance style. I loved that movie. But for fashion I was asleep during the 80's, or pregnant, which might be the same thing. I can't remember much, but I know I didn't have big hair. I did have a perm.

Zip n Tizzy said...

Ha-
That hairs tame!!!
Can you believe what we got away with back in the day?!
Crazy!

Irish Gumbo said...

You weren't stupid, you were young. A subtle but important difference :)