Monday, October 4, 2010

bird house

I read something interesting and it's had me thinking.

Apparently, when John Adams first met the Congressional delegates from Virginia (this was pre-Declaration of Independence), he said "Virginian geese are all swans."

So this doesn't have me thinking about birds or even Virginians, but rather about how so many people are so profoundly unhappy with what they've got, and who they are, and why we all try to be swans.

Things that make you go "hmmm?"

9 comments:

Russ said...

Just tells me that Virginians have always been arrogant!

Tiny Dancer said...

And all the swan wanted was to be a duckling and fit in!

I like things that make ya think!

Davi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dread Pirate Davi said...

I like this. ^_^

Bijoux said...

But geese are uber-annoying!

justmakingourway said...

And geese poop all over the lawn.

Interesting quote though!

Susan said...

I'm a total goose.

MsPicketToYou said...

yes. yes. it does.

Irish Gumbo said...

As an expatriate Virginian living near Charm City, I can attest that not all Virginians are as Mr. Adams declared.

But I get what he meant.

And C + C Music Factory makes me go hmmm...;)