Friday, July 22, 2011

my daughter and junk

Younger returned this week from an eight day trip to Italy.  She went with other Latin students.  This was a tour of the ancient world so they visited both the south (Sorrento, Capri, Hurculaneum, Pompeii) and then traveled north through Naples to Rome.

She had the trip of her life...at least of these first 16 years of her life.  And I know she'll remember it forever.

But this post is not about the awesomeness of the trip and how darn jealous her mother is that the child went and not the mother.

Nope.  This post is about junk.

Or the proclivity of my baby girl to take photos of junk.  Ancient junk.  Feast your eyes upon a few of the items I pilfered from her Facebook account (there are at least a dozen more such photos):



Do you suppose this guy has an STD?  What's with that look on his face?  Oh.  Maybe it's that look.  He should try for something a little sexier.  Just sayin'...cuz that looks like pain.




As for this last one...oh dear.

P.S.  I know would have done the exact same thing at age 16 if digital cameras existed in those bygone days.  You know how funny this was as they (and their teenangstery hormones) were walking around this museum.  So I really do find this amusing.

11 comments:

Russ said...

You have had the "talk" with her?

Dread Pirate Davi said...

I'm almost 10 years older than her, and I'd do the same thing today. :)

Captain Dumbass said...

So glad I have boys.

That gentleman's lady said...

Haha... sorry, but it is kind of funny that she took pictures of junk :D

PS -- either he has an STD or he is bemoaning the fact that his junk isn't as junky as some others'

Bijoux said...

Tell her to erase those images from her FB before she starts college applications!

Irish Gumbo said...

Ha! Wonder who has the junkus maximus?

Sandra said...

haha! I'm laughing out loud here! I love that you pilfered the "junk" from her Facebook account!

Monica said...

I have to say that I am well into my 40s and would have taken pictures of the same thing and probably posted them on my FaceBook also!

My eldest went to Italy for 2 months of schooling and a week in Germany. Funny SHE didn't bring home any pictures of "junk" and she was 21!

MsPicketToYou said...

gross.


love you still.

Crystal Pistol said...

Hilarious!

You're a great mom to be so understanding. You know your daughter and must have a great relationship with her.

Vince said...

The tile is Dionysus. You see him as one of the four horsemen. He is also the god of love. And wine. and Oh he isn't a god for men at all.
This fellow isn't Bacchus, nor was he truly Greek he was from the East. Euripides wrote a play about his dealings with women followers, his maenads.
The others I not sure about. If they were around Capri, then they have connections to Tiberius. He had somewhat unusual tastes which he developed in south Turkey in his youth.