Saturday, July 9, 2011

my unicorn, she's a beauty


I've been meaning to write this post for some time but haven't gotten around to it until now.  The picture above is a charming piece of art done by the lovely Tera over at Olive Hue Designs.  In the midst of my late-winter, I'm-getting-a-divorce funk, I commented on this picture and mentioned to Tera how much it spoke to me at that point in my life.

Lo and behold, she sent me a copy of it.  As a gift!  I tell you, this lady is awesome.  I've purchased items from her before for Younger's birthday and the birth of a friend's baby.  She also sent me beautiful shoes one time.

So I went and had my unicorn framed with a bit of panache (Tera...that's a metallic pewter mat) and she's hanging in my master bath, where I can see her as I get ready every morning.  

Now some of you might be thinking...um...Leslie, why do you keep mentioning a unicorn?  There is no unicorn in the picture.  

Well, folks, that's because no one sees her.  After all, the piece is titled "No One Sees the Unicorn".  You can look at the original here and then maybe you will understand.  

Thank you so much Tera.  I feel like the unicorn has brought me a little magic.  Life is good.  I'm happy.  And I'm lucky to have a friend like you!

3 comments:

tera said...

I see you are a night owl, like me! :)
Thank you so much for the lovely mention on your blog. I'm so glad you like my little unicorn. And see, you have a one of a kind, because it's the only print of that! (Although I might have to make one for me, that looks fab!)
I'm glad you are feeling better about things. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs -t

Crystal Pistol said...

I am so sorry you recently went through a divorce. My sister (and best friend) was also divorced recently. So much pain. Art and literature are wonderful ways to find the beauty in life that seems lost when we endure tragedy.

I love unicorns too. Magic is one of my favorite subjects. :)

Irish Gumbo said...

I think I have seen the unicorn :)